- Package ID
ADVANCED Codecs for Windows 10/8.1/7 is an audio and video codec package which contains a full suite of codecs.
##Shark007’s FREE Codec solutions.
Current releases introduce 3D decoding of files, ISO’s and disks When the 3D decoder is active, LAV Video will report, Active Decoder: msdk mvc
Enjoy HD audio and HD video playback, the easy way.
Watch High Definition 3D video playback without needing expensive players.
Listen to bitstreamed TrueHD and DTS MASTER audio using HDMI to an AVR.
The ADVANCED release contains a full suite of decoders with a GUI controller for the installed codecs. The STANDARD codec release only contains LAV filters and xy-VSFilter with a GUI giving full control. The following filetypes are enabled and SUPPORTED by the installation of Shark’s Codec Solutions. All of the above filetypes can be queued to the Windows Media Player Playlist using a right-click. amr | mpc | ofr | divx | mka | ape | flac | evo | flv | m4b | mkv | ogg | ogv | ogm | rmvb |
^^ over 15 million readers ^^ and over 16,000 registered forum members The following quotations are from a person with vast multimedia experience.
“I’d suspect that if I put it to the test I’d find that K-Lite, for example, had done more damage (as measured by crash reports) than some notable percentage of actual outright malware.”
“At one point 7 of the top 10 crashes in multimedia on Windows lead squarely to problems induced by K-Lite.”
“…the fact remains that they (K-Lite) have been one of the most toxic projects ever released for Windows in any form.”
The above quotations encapsulate what prompted me to produce my own codec packs.
Things the Shark pack does that other packs cannot do . . .
- Full color thumbnails including FLV’s and 10bit MKV’s. (also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
- Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
- Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as MKV and FLV
- Updated often - and has update notification builtin
- Allow use of the PowerDVD decoders for 32bit LiveTV in Media Center.
- Support playback of MKV files on Extenders and on the Xbox One.
- Support use of the LAV filters with the Play To function for MKV files.
- Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
- Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
- Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
- Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker builtin.
- Support ‘Add to Windows Media Player List’ using rightclick on all files such as MKV.
- Binary is packaged
- Almost silent install: program will open up your default web browser to a setup and usage page. Sorry, I don’t know how to get around this at the moment.
- Uninstall is NOT silent.