- Package ID
An Open Source vector graphics editor, with capabilities similar to Illustrator, CorelDraw, or Xara X, using the W3C standard Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file format.
Inkscape is an open-source vector graphics editor similar to Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Freehand, or Xara X. What sets Inkscape apart is its use of Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), an open XML-based W3C standard, as the native format.
Inkscape supports many advanced SVG features (markers, clones, alpha blending, etc.) and great care is taken in designing a streamlined interface. It is very easy to edit nodes, perform complex path operations, trace bitmaps and much more. We also aim to maintain a thriving user and developer community by using open, community-oriented development.
All Inkscape projects may be exported in formats friendly to web browsers or commercial printer rooms. It is cross-platform, which means it is easy to run on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux distributions. Visit the Download page to install or share this application now.
- Object creation: drawing, shape tools, text tool, bitmaps, clones
- Object manipulation: transformations, z-order operations, grouping, layers, aligment
- Fill and stroke: color selector, color picker tool, copy/paste style, pattern fills, dashed strokes, with many predefined dash patterns, path markers (ending, middle and/or beginning marks, e.g. arrowheads)
- Operations on paths
- Rendering: fully anti-aliased display, alpha transparency support for display and PNG export
- File formats: SVG, PNG, OpenDocument Drawing, DXF, sk1, PDF, EPS and PostScript export formats and more
- Command line options for export and conversions