Home > Software > Development > Powershell Package Management Preview (Install)
- Package ID
PowerShellGet module MSI-based installer (for PowerShell 3 and 4)
Downloading items from the PowerShell Gallery to your system requires the PowerShellGet module. You can find the PowerShellGet module in any of the following. You do not need to sign in to download items from the PowerShell Gallery.
- [Windows 10]
- [Windows Management Framework 5.0]
- [MSI Installer (for PowerShell 3 and 4)]
With the latest PowerShellGet module, you can:
- Search through items in the Gallery with Find-Module and Find-Script
- Save items to your system from the Gallery with Save-Module and Save-Script
- Install items from the Gallery with Install-Module and Install-Script
- Upload items to the Gallery with Publish-Module and Publish-Script
- Add your own custom repository with Register-PSRepository
Check out the Getting Started page for more information on how to use PowerShellGet commands with the Gallery. You can also run Update-Help -Module PowerShellGet to install local help for these commands.