Home > Software > Development > Microsoft R Open
- Package ID
World’s most powerful programming language for statistical computing, machine learning and graphics as well as a thriving global community of users, developers and contributors.
Microsoft R Open - formerly known as Revolution R Open (RRO) - is the enhanced distribution of open source R from Microsoft Corporation.
Microsoft R Open includes:
- The open source R language, the most widely used statistics software in the world.
- Compatibility with all packages, scripts and applications that work with R.
- The installation of many packages include all base and recommended R packages plus a set of specialized packages released by Microsoft Corporation to further enhance your Microsoft R Open experience.
- Support for Windows and Linux-based platforms.
Plus these key enhancements:
- Multi-threaded math libraries - Intel Math Kernel Library (Intel MKL) - that brings multi-threaded computations to R.
- A high-performance default CRAN repository that provide a consistent and static set of packages to all Microsoft R Open users.
- The checkpoint package that make it easy to share R code and replicate results using specific R package versions.