Home > Software > Communication > Mumble
- Package ID
Mumble is an open source, low-latency, high quality voice chat software primarily intended for use while gaming.
Mumble is a voice over IP (VOIP) application primarily designed for use by gamers, similar to programs such as TeamSpeak and Ventrilo.
Mumble uses a client–server architecture which allows users to talk to each other via the same server. It has a very simple administrative interface and features high sound quality and low latency. All communication is encrypted to ensure user privacy.
Mumble is free and open-source software, is cross-platform, and is released under the terms of the new BSD license. (from Wikipedia, 2013-04-18)
- Low-latency - great for talking and gaming
- Stay private and secure
- Recognize friends across servers
- For gamers:
- In-game Overlay - see who is talking
- Positional audio - hear the players from where they are located
- Extensive user permission system (ACL)
- Extendible through Ice middleware
- Very stable server software
- Many other options